Let’s talk about one of my favourite breakfast meals!
I was introduced to Smoothie Bowls a while back from Ella Grace Denton’s blog! These are such a simple and healthy way to start off your day, don’t forget that they taste amazing and you feel good about eating it. Today, I finally made my first (and definitely not last) smoothie bowl and it turned out pretty good. Pretty good, as in it was absolutely delicious!
You can basically put anything you want in it, as if you were making a regular smoothie. Although, this smoothie bowl should be thicker than a regular smoothie, so you don’t want to add very much liquid to it. Then, top it off with some fruit, granola, chia seeds or anything you want. It’s that simple!
How to make a Smoothie Bowl:
- Cut up some fresh fruit, add seeds, nuts or granola and set aside, this will be the topping.
- Add some frozen berries or fresh fruit into the blender.
- Pour in about 1/2 cup of milk, juice or milk alternatives.
- Add some chia seeds, matcha or yogurt for that extra boost.
- Blend, blend, blend.
- Pour into a bowl and add toppings.
My smoothie bowl consisted of strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, milk, matcha powder, chia seeds, peach yogurt and granola.
If you’ve tried these before, I would love to hear about the different kinds you’ve made. If you’ve never had a smoothie bowl before, I highly recommend trying one. Comment down below or on my Facebook Page of what you think!
Stay healthy, my friends!